Club Fígaro announces the names that will make up the Professional Jury of the Spanish Hairdressing Awards in its 13th year.
Five influential names in the Spanish and International Hairdressing industry, which will have the mission of evaluating the participating collections:
- Angelo Seminara (UK),Angelo Seminara is arguably the most inspirational hairdresser of his generation. The global creative visionary and Goldwell Global Ambassador opened his first salon in London’s Knightsbridge. Challenging the norm, Angelo is obsessed about achieving the unachievable. His extraordinary work and exceptional creativity take us to a brave new world where he crafts hair to create curious new shapes, textures, and colour.
- Ángela Navarro (Spain), at the age of fourteen decided to set up her first salon in the family living-dining room. Afterwards, three salons in Malasaña (Madrid), one after the other that were expanding in space, housed the work of the five Navarro sisters, from where they attended the best of the 'Movida' in Madrid. Shortly after, Ángela became the Image Director of the Pasarela Cibeles for several years (including Almodóvar's films), until her passion for oncological aesthetics, to which she has been dedicating herself for thirty years, grew bigger and bigger. Today, she combines her work in the salon with aesthetic advice to oncology patients and to Hospitals and health personnel, also managing the Wig Bank of the AAC (Spanish Association Against Cancer).
- Tony Rizzo(UK),recognised the world over as one of British hairdressing’s best, Tony’s primary job is managing director of the ever-developing Sanrizz Empire. But, a relentless passion to progress the hairdressing industry sees his time splintered to accommodate show and seminar work, international exhibition appearances, photo shoots, the Sanrizz Academy and education development. Not forgetting of course his extraordinary 40 years of devotion to Alternative Hair, notorious for its awesome creativity and mammoth fund raising in excess of nearly 13.5 milion pounds for Leukaemia Research.
- Alexis Continente (Spain), a hairdresser with a successful international career. He has been nominated for the Emmys, Guild Awards twice, Bafta and Oscars for Best Hair, working in films such as House of Gucci, The Last Duel and Thor. He has worked with and created the looks of film personalities such as Natalie Portman, Judy Dench, Jodie Comer and Chris Hemsworth. He is currently Adam Driver's personal hairdresser.
- Nicky Pope (UK),fell into the hairdressing industry in the 90s, working on trade hairdressing magazines and becoming fascinated by this creative, exciting, adventurous world. In 2010 Nicky set up International Hair Artist Agency Ltd (IHAA Ltd) and has gone on to grow several acclaimed brands including the Respect for Hair, Colour World, hairclips.tv and Shine brands. She also run under licence publications for French title Tribu-te Books & Magazines. Today a print edition of Tribu-te UK is published quarterly, and as a big-hitting premium title has a buzzing website at www.tribu-te.co.ukand in November Nicky hosts The Big One trophy.
Take note of the key dates:
- JUNE 19 - The participation period closes.
- JULY 25 - Announcement of the finalists.
- OCTOBER 24 - Fígaro Awards.
You can check the contest rules in Club Fígaro’s website and participate in this link.
The objective pursued by Club FÍGARO is recognition, both professionally and socially; thus raising our profession to the category of excellence, just as sectors such as fashion or gastronomy did at the time. Our mission is aimed at making our work known, admired and respected, both in the national and international territory, thus consolidating an increasingly cosmopolitan and powerful industry.
The Spanish Hairdressing Awards, also called Fígaro Awards, value the photographic works of the hairdressing creations of the participating firms, to reward the most outstanding creative hairdressers in the country. They consist of five categories and were established in 2009 to give notoriety and visibility to the artistic work of Spanish hairdressers. The basic objective pursued by Club Fígaro with the creation of these awards is the social and professional recognition of hairdressing in Spain to consolidate an industry that is increasingly cosmopolitan and powerful.
Participating hairdressers register online to participate and upload their photographic collections to the Club Fígaro website. Afterward, the professional jury, made up of prominent personalities from national and international hairdressing and which changes every year, individually and independently votes the collections submitted anonymously, so impartiality is guaranteed.
Club Fígaro has the support of its main sponsor, Revlon Professional, a firm that has sponsored the Awards since its inception.